Executive Legislative Agenda Sample
Legislative Agenda (ELA) is one of the few vital LGU documents required of local government units (LGUs)
by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) as a development tool.
The Alliance Building
Conference with the component municipalities at the Local Government
Academy (LGA) in UP Los Baños, Laguna started the ELA process and subsequently finalized by the
Stakeholders’ Conference at the provincial Capitol Dome.
The ELA essentially unites the development thrusts and priorities of the local chief executive,
with the local Sanggunian providing support through appropriate legislation measures in translating
the development agenda into more viable programs and projects, all in accordance with the
vision, mission, goals and objectives; thereby facilitating and hastening implementation.
This is a short-term plan of activities that identifies the development framework and prioritizes the
plans and programs in step with the three-year term limit of the Local Chief Executive and other local officials, through a participatory planning process.Given the limited resources of the LGU and the short tenure of elective officials,together with the members of the Sangguninag Panlalawig an (SP) and other stakeholders, the Provincial Planning
Office in close coordination with the local DILG, put together this document to become the provincial road map for sustained development.
As a planning and budgeting tool,theELA provides transparency and accountability; promotes active participation among stakeholders (local public officials, the civil society groups and
community members, and other national officers);while allowing elective officials to articulate their political agenda and thus creating the informal feedbacking mechanism among the municipalities.
Overall, the total funding required to implement all projects within the prescribed timeframe is estimated to amount to roughly PhP3,516,021 M81 percent of which shall need external funding in the form of loans, grants or both. The rest or 19 percent shall derived its funding from internal sources; broken down into 60sectoral projects:Economic, 34projects;Social,14; and Environment, 12projects.
Majority of thes proposals in the ELA have been included and culled from the plans, programs and activities (PPAs) previously identified in the Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan (PDPFP), which was adopted by the Catanduanes Development Council (PDC) and endorsed forfunding to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan for appropriate funding, through the Provincial Development Investment Program (PDIP).
Read Executive Legislative Agenda Sample at http://www.catanduanes.gov.ph/Government/Reports/ELA_07SEP2011.pdf
Help us promote this article!